Metal Detector Store San Diego – Garrett Ace 300 Review
Garrett Ace 300 Review
Metal Detector Store San Diego – Garrett Ace 300 Review, this metal detector is our first choice for someone who wants great performance at an affordable price. San Diego Metal Detectors has used Garrett technology for over 8 years and our expert opinion is that the Garrett lower end models are highly effective for the money. The Ace 300 offers everything a beginner could want including headphones and a rain cover in the standard package.
The Garrett approach to displaying a metal target:
Each metal detector manufacturer communicates information from the machine to you in different ways. You’ll read Metal Detector Store San Diego – Garrett Ace 300 Review experts say that on the Garrett Ace 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400: the machine makes a beep or tone when it goes over an object of interest. This tone is not variable and not directly oscillating sound from the detection circuit. What does that mean? It means you hear a tone of the same duration but in three different pitches. Low tone for Iron, mid tone for gold/aluminum/copper and a high tone for silver. What this means is that since many metal types of interest are clumped together in each “tone bank” (1, 2 or 3 – low, med, high) you cannot determine by sound alone specifically the type of metal you have found. Even more importantly, how many targets there are and their type of metal. Additional information is provided on the visual display. On the older Ace 150/250/350 models a bar graph with printed icons helped you understand the specific metal type. On the current model Ace 200, 300, 400, and higher end models Garrett includes a two digit numeric display that represents a specific reading based on the metal content it is detecting. It should be noted that the number displayed may not be accurate based on environmental conditions but in general is a good method of determining what metal is detected. Also, this feature was once a major differentiating feature between low end detectors and higher end more costly detectors so the Ace 300 performance is better than ever.
The PROformance search coil
To better understand how this type of search coil helps you find things, image an upside down cone or funnel shape coming off the bottom of the coil, with the point of the cone furthest from the detector coil. This means as your metal detector searches deeper into the ground, the area it covers is less than on the surface where it is the greatest. So at 12″ you are only detecting a small spot, while at 6″ you may be detecting a 4″ in diameter area. This is different from a Double D coil which detects in a pie shape pattern making the area of coverage when sweeping much larger. The down side to the Double D is that it’s pinpointing ability is not as simply to understand as the PORformance style coil.
Metal Detector Store San Diego – Garrett Ace 300 Review features list:
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 scale offers target information
- 7″ x 10″ PROformance™ submersible search coil offers more coverage, depth
- Higher frequency (8 kHz) provides better sensitivity on low and medium-conductivity targets (i.e. gold, lead)
- Increased Iron Resolution: twice the iron resolution of an ACE 250, to help overcome target masking in iron-laden hunt sites
- Adjustable Frequency to help eliminate interference
- Camlocks for increased stem stability
- Includes Pulse-Width Modulation audio: sharper, more responsive audio
- Includes Electronic Pinpointing: precisely locates targets and speeds recovery
- Notch Discrimination: Modify discrimination patterns based on what you are seeking.
- Five Search Modes (plus Pinpoint)
- Eight (8) Sensitivity/Depth adjustments
- Coin Depth Indicator determines target depth
- Expanded Target ID legend: includes indication of U.S. coin denominations